2018 | Donor - East West Management Institute (EWMI)/Promoting Rule of Law in Georgia (PROLoG)
15 February, 2018 – 15 November, 2018
Institute for Development of Freedom of Information
Budget: 40 515 USD
Project Objectives are:
- Delivering a comprehensive analysis of legislative framework of HSOJ;
- Delivering an assessment of curriculum setting and other practical aspects of HSOJ to evaluate whether they respond to the needs and challenges within the judiciary system;
- Developing a set of recommendations for legislation and practice related to HSOJ.
- Comprehensive analysis of the current legislation and identifying gaps;
- Comprehensive analysis of curricula of HSOJ;
- Assessment of HSOJ’s training system, compulsory internships, and their relevance;
- Presentation of the project findings, recommendations and relevant advocacy.
2018 | Donor - National Endowment for Democracy – NED
1 February, 2018 – 31 August, 2018
Budget: 37,271 USD
Project Objectives are:
- To promote fairness and transparency in continued Georgian electoral reform.
To facilitate civil society participation in the local self-government reform process.
- ISFED will produce and present three policy briefs, focusing on changes to the national electoral
system, suggested changes in the local electoral system, and the rules governing the composition of
the electoral administration;
- ISFED will conduct an analysis of the electoral system used in local elections.
- ISFED will produce a
report with concrete recommendations for the Georgian government. The report will be presented at the
event in Tbilisi;
- ISFED will produce a policy paper analyzing recent changes in the rules governing the formation of the
electoral administration. The paper will be presented at an event in Tbilisi for experts and
representatives of the election administration;
- ISFED will continue to advocate for reforms throughout the project period.
2016 | Donor - 2016-2018 | Donor – U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duration - February, 2016 - February 2019
Budget - 1 385 000 USD
a) provide impartial assessment of the elections and political developments based on sound and credible election observation methodology; b) increase awareness on the electoral processes among Georgian citizens and other target stakeholders by providing those monitoring findings through periodic reports and statements; c) contribute to the advancement of political processes in Georgia through the development and following up of recommendations for an improved electoral framework.
Throughout the monitoring mission, Pre-election period will be observed as well as the work of the election administration, relevant government bodies at the central and local levels across Georgia
Trends will be analyzed, monitoring reports and periodic statements will be prepared on violations identified during pre-election monitoring period with respective follow-up actions
Up to 1000 short-term observers throughout Georgia will observe the Election Day at the poll stations selected through a random representative sample using Parallel Vote Tabulation (PVT) methodology
Throughout Election Day, the information submitted through PVT will be analysed and presented in the special Election Day statements regarding the voting process, particular incident reports, individual violations, and voting results
The final report will be prepared summarizing the results of monitoring findings as well as conclusions and recommendations aimed at improving the election environment and legal framework for the respective government entities
2015 | Donor - Foundation Open Society Institute (FOSI)
Duration: 1 November, 2015 – 31 October, 2017
Budget: 142, 556 USD (79, 396 USD funded by FOSI)
Project objectives are to:
• Establish a qualified policy research team;
• Establish structural unit of policy research and analysis;
• Improve the quality of the research products developed by ISFED;
• Develop a communication strategy for the policy products.
• Deliver policy studies, policy papers and policy briefs;
• Developing communications strategy for research products;
• Training and mentoring of the researchers.