Duration- January-December, 2017
Project Budget: 126,678.00 EUR
1. Increasing awareness of women from ethnic minority regions and encouraging their participation in elections;
2. Carrying out youth voter education, particularly for the first-time voters from regions, to encourage their involvement in elections;
3. Improving understanding of local public officials on election period regulations and responsibilities of LSGs;
4. Improving the institutional capacity of local CSOs by engaging them in project activities and increasing their accountability to target groups.
• Meetings with Ethnic minority women from Samtskhe-Javakheti, Kvemo Kartli and Kakheti region;
• Delivering trainings to the first and second year University students, recent high-school graduates or those graduating from high-school in University towns in the regions. Namely, in Akhaltsikhe, Batumi, Gori, Kutaisi, Telavi, Zugdidi;
• Delivering information regarding election code regulations and requirements mandated to the LSG public officials. The trainings will be conducted in regional municipalities across Georgia;
• Organizing public discussion event on the challenges facing the disabled voters in order to exercise their electoral rights;
• Training of Trainers;
· Preparing video and print materials including in minority languages;
· Producing a handbook for LSGs highlighting major requirements for them with “do’s” and “don’ts” in the pre-election period;
• Closing conference and photo exhibition.