SOCIAL MEDIA MONITORING IN THE LEAD-UP TO 2020 PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS IN GEORGIA
Donor: Open Society Georgia Foundation
Duration: 1 January, 2020 – 30 June, 2020
Budget: 28,846 USD
- To carry out a multi-layer qualitative and quantitative monitoring of social media in the lead-up to the elections;
- To raise awareness on disinformation, discrediting campaigns, divisive narratives, and other social media trends.
- Identifying, analyzing and reporting on social media activity in the context of the upcoming elections;
- Launching an interactive website with a searchable directory of the Facebook pages uncovered during the monitoring exercise;
- Regional discussions about the use of social media for representatives of civil society organizations, media outlets, political parties and independent activists;
- Trainings for ISFED’s regional and district representatives on social media monitoring methodology.