Promoting Safe and Responsible Use of Social Media in Georgia in the context of 2021 Municipal Elections
Donor: Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands
Duration: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
Budget: GEL 284,270.8
· To monitor malign information operations in social media during and after the 2021 Municipal elections;
· To raise public awareness on disinformation, discrediting campaigns, anti-western propaganda and other social media trends;
· To safeguard the social media space in Georgia against hostile foreign electoral interference.
· Uncover and report about discrediting, divisive, anti-western and disinformation campaigns on Facebook during the upcoming elections;
· Use in-house public outreach tools to promote the monitoring findings and responsible use of social media;
· Organize regional public meetings and a youth bootcamp on safe and responsible use of social media;
· Develop and publish video PSAs, TV programs and newspaper supplements on the threat of malign information campaigns;
· Carry out advocacy activities to introduce more active measures for protecting the election period from malign information operations.